How to check the status of your Form 4 with the ATF NFA Branch
If you are wondering about the status of your Form 4 that was submitted, please use the following steps to find out the current status:
1. Get the copy of the Form 4 that was emailed to you from DocuSign or SilencerShop.
2. Call the ATF NFA Branch at 304-616-4500
3. Select option 1 to find out the status of your form 4. (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR FORM 4 AS YOU WILL NEED INFORMATION FROM THE FORM 4 TO CHECK THE STATUS)
4. Once they answer, they will ask for your name and phone number. Give them that information and tell them you would like to check the status of your Form 4 submission.
5. Give them the Serial number of your NFA item which is on the Form 4, and tell them its being transferred from Nevada Firearms & Training to (your Name if you did not use a trust, or the name of your trust if you used a trust)
6. They will give you one of a few different answers:
- Your application is still pending. (This means they are still processing the application and it hasn't been approved or denied yet)
- Your application has been approved. If it has been approved they will tell you the approval date. If it has been more than 30 days since the approval date call us and let us know that the Form 4 was approved and the date and we will check to see if we have gotten it back yet. Sometime it take up to 30 days for us to receive the Form 4 after approval. When we do get it back we will call to let you know we have gotten it and schedule a time to have you come pick up your Form 4 and NFA item.
- Your application was denied. If they tell you it was denied then please ask if they know the denial reason, and ask to speak to the examiner to discuss the issue to see if it can be corrected.
Instead of calling us for status checks please contact the NFA branch for status as the only thing we can do is call them and ask the same questions you will.
If you have any further questions regarding Form 4 processing please email us and we will help you with your question.